A list of our FAQ’s
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year!
We are excited to begin the second year of our Locomotive journey. Our staff has worked diligently this summer on STEAM focused Project Based Learning with an emphasis on agency and collaboration. We are looking forward to guiding your child’s growth in innovation, collaboration, empowerment and caring (empathy).
Here are a few important Need to Knows:
Student Drop off and Pick-up
For the safety of students, please do not drop-off students before 8:30AM unless your student is in STEAM Academy. Students arriving to school at 8:30AM should go directly to the cafeteria. The playground opens at 8:45AM for morning recess (8:45-9:00AM).
At dismissal, teachers walk their students to the front of the school for pick-up. Students in STEAM Academy will be picked-up in class at their respective dismissal times by STEAM Academy staff.
Breakfast & Lunch
Breakfast starts at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 8:55 a.m. At 8:45 a.m. students are dismissed to the playground until 9:00 a.m.
The cost for lunch is $2.00. We strongly encourage all students to fill-out the Free/Reduced Lunch application even if they do not qualify. Families may sign-up on-line at mealapp.scusd.edu/fma/. To qualify for free or reduced lunch you must reapply each year. Please note that students eating lunch starting on the first day of school will be charged until their Lunch Form is approved. Notification via email with 48 hrs.
The building of our Locomotive community is central to our core values. It is important for our students to feel like they are an integral part of our school culture. The following is our uniform policy:
- Dark blue bottoms (navy blue); pants, Blue Jeans, shorts, skirts, skorts, jumpers, leggings
- Solid White, Navy, or Light Blue Polo/collared shirts
- Washington School Uniform shirts & sweatshirts
- Sweaters, sweatshirts, in navy blue, light blue, or white
- Tank tops or undershirts are not considered uniform tops. Straps on tops must be at least 3 fingers wide. Spaghetti straps are not permitted.
- Short Shorts, Bicycle shorts and cut‑off shorts are not allowed
- No open sandals, flip-flops or “heelies”
For a Printable version of this document, click here