Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ’s (Don’t see your question? Please ask, then we can post it!)
1. Does the school have bike racks? Yes. They are located inside the school.
2. Does the after-school program provide snacks? Yes. STEAM Academy provides snacks and an organic supper.
3. Does the school have outdoor lockers? No. Each class has cubbies for student belongings.
4. Is there be a notification process in case of Emergencies? Yes. Upon enrollment, parents/guardians fill-out an emergency card the first week of school with pertinent student/medical/contact information. Please let us know of any changes.
5. Can parents/guardians volunteer? Yes! There are several opportunities to get involved including: STEAM docent, Garden beautification, class parent, recess volunteer, student-drop off/crossing guard, etc., library support. The possibilities are endless.
6. Is there an Anti-Bullying Policy? Yes. Please see the SCUSD Anti-Bullying Board Policy