2018-19 Enrollment Information
Thank you for considering Washington

2018-19 Visitation Days:

January 19, 2018 from 8:15-10:00AM

February 2, 2018 from 8:15-10:00AM

Choosing a new school is a big decision. There are great schools in our district and we understand that you are looking for the best growing opportunity for your child. 

As a school community, we believe that all students can learn. We know that each learner comes to us with different strengths and areas to improve. It is through mindful practices that we support all STEAM-learners in continuing to grow.

Early Kinder

Early Kinder enrollment begins January 16th, 2018 at Washington. 

EK (also called Transitional Kindergarten or TK) is the first year of a two-year kindergarten experience for children who turn age 5 on September 2nd through and including December 2nd. If you live within SCUSD boundaries, you can register at Washington Elem. School. Registration Application click here.

EK School Day: 9:00AM-12:45PM


Fall enrollment for neighborhood kinder students will begin at Washington on January 16, 2018 through January 30, 2018. After January 30th, neighborhood enrollment will take place at the district Enrollment Center. Children must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2018, to register for Kindergarten. 

Families currently in our EK program need to register for kinder. Families who reside outside the Washington boundaries can apply for Kinder through Open Enrollment or through an Intra-District permit to remain at Washington for Kinder-6th.

Kinder School Day 9:00-1:30PM 

Grades 1-6

Neighborhood enrollment for grades 1-6 will start June 2018 at the SCUSD Enrollment Center. 

How to Change Schools Within our District

You may apply for an intra-district permit to have your child attend Washington other than their neighborhood school of attendance.  Permit transfers are approved based on space availability. You can request an intra-district permit transfer from the Enrollment Center.

How to Change Schools From Outside our District 

If you would like to change schools from outside our district to attend Washington, you will need to request an inter-district permit transfer from your district of residence.  Permit transfers are approved based on space availability.  A transcript and/or withdrawal grades as well as attendance and behavior reports are required when requesting an inter-district permit transfer. You can request an inter-district permit transfer from the Enrollment Center.

If you have any additional questions, please email using the link below.

520 18th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
20861903207936229 » If you have a visual disability, please type the numbers two one three three into the box. Your submission will be promptly reviewed by a validation service and sent to the site administrators.
By proving you are not a machine, you help us prevent spam and keep the site secure.